Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Plan

Ok, as of Wednesday 9-23 @ 3:46pm the plan is to take a CAT scan of Sara at the end of this week or Monday. Based on what he sees he will go ahead and put in the new shunt or send us home and do it later. Of course I am sure there are 37 other options on the table we don't know about yet. The pediatrician told us - I am praying she won't need the shunt, but I think she will. We are praying she won't. Let's see what Jesus says.

Tough little girl that Sara is. Really came home to me today. She has developed a terrible diaper rash from the antibiotics which loosen the bowels. It is RED RED RED and BIG! Yet as the nurse changed her diaper it didn't even phase her. She didn't even change her expression as she was wiping it. I would be bawling in the corner in the fetal position. That along with the embarrassment from having to explain why I was wearing a diaper and had a diaper rash. But Sara? No big deal. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. I am continually amazed at how strong premies are. Mine were 32 weekers, and we recently had to get a bunch of blood drawn. One of them didn't even cry. Seriously, tough kids. Glad to hear that Sara is doing well! Lord bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying as always for Sara. More pics please! :D

    ReplyDelete